Update me when site is updated Nature Blog Network

Sunday 8 February 2015

We're back and blogging again!

It occurred to me that the blog has not been written for a long time and that it was time to start again. So much has happened since I last wrote, but I thought it would be good to start with a beautiful picture of the lake on this cold frosty morning. The geese are swimming around in a small patch which is the only part of the lake which is not frozen.


The geese returned in December last year - very early as they haven't arrived until the end of January or beginning of February over the last couple of years, but we are very happy to see and hear them again. Two have been on the island and will no doubt be preparing to make their nest some time soon.
The moor hens are busy dashing around and the ducks too. 
It's good to be back and sharing Hill Top Tails with you. I'll update you again tomorrow.
www.hilltopholidays.co.uk
Keep warm! Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment